Friday, September 26, 2008

"Those who can work on their own cars


. . . drive cars that they have to work on." This was a statement that a good friend made one day while we were having lunch. It rings true, pretty much defined my life with cars that day and completely defines my Brother, who BTW is my gear head mentor. So, what am I working on today? Shown here is my 1976 Datsun 280Z. I bought this car from a friend at work, he is the original owner. The car came with complete documentation of 32 years of excessive professional service - he just ran out of patience with it. Jon and I gave it a paint job, that I pretty much completely hosed up - I blame it on the gun that failed in the middle of applying the topcoat, but the fact is, I failed miserably at painting this car. So now, we're in the throws of doing another paint job. Except this time, all the glass, and all the chrome is being removed and every rubber seal will be replaced. Jon thinks this is his car, but actually, it's Robyn's, her name is on the title.

Well there you go, the second post . . .

2 comments:

marcie said...

I suppose it does have an awful lot to do with the title, after all. I'll have to remember this when Benjamin thinks he gets to claim the Mazda-- WHAT? You don't think we'll still have it. I dare you to think otherwise, haha :)

marcie said...

Well the car is coming along; soon you will be able to shoot it again. Are you going to paint it a different color or the same silver.